Defending Life Day: Captain’s responsibilities
Captains will be assigned by the organizing committee and are a critical component to making the day successful. The responsibilities are listed below.
- Make appointments for the group that will be meeting with the Senator and Delegate.
- Keep track of local constituents who sign up online for their district. The contact information for the constituents will be given to the captain as it’s collected.
- If applicable, help to organize methods of travel, Mini-van, bus, etc?
- Encourage everyone who is coming to wear something red.
- Make sure everyone has received talking points, maps of Richmond, General Assembly information, or any other documents the organizers send out.
- Check that everyone who has signed up for their district has watched the “how to” lobby video.
- Keeps track of their delegation groups at the Pocahontas building and after lobbying time is done.
- Helps ensure that those in their group get home.
To become a District Captain, select “Yes” under District Captain on the Sign Up page.